How do I extract comments from YouTube API?
Click the OAuth consent screen tab and fill in the application and email address. . Scroll down and click Save. Select the Credentials tab, click Create Credentials and select OAuth client ID. Select the application type Other, enter the name “YouTube Comment Extractor”, and click the Create button.
How do you get YouTube to show comments?
Change comment settings on a video
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Click a video’s thumbnail.
- Scroll down. click SHOW MORE.
- Under “Comments and ratings,” choose your comment settings.
- Click Save.
Is the YouTube API free?
The YouTube API is free if you don’t exceed your daily API request quota. Each request costs a predetermined amount of points. You get 10,000 points per day.
Can you web scrape YouTube comments?
Start scraping :
After executing this piece of code, you need to open web browser where your video is already opened. It will automatically perform “Page Down” and scrap new comments until all comments get scraped. You don’t need to perform any actions. Just stay on that page and wait for process to complete.
Is scraping YouTube comments legal?
It is legal to scrape data, but terms and conditions are applied. If the data is publicly available, then you can crawl data from anywhere on the web. For example, it is acceptable to scrape data from YouTube titles or comments of a specific channel or a specific topic.
Why can’t I see the YouTube comments?
If your browser doesn’t show any YouTube comments, your cache and cookies will most likely break YouTube’s scripts. Clear your cache, disable your extensions, and update your browser. Refresh YouTube and check the results. If the glitch won’t go away, reinstall your browser or switch to a different web browser.
Why are YouTube comments not showing?
If you access YouTube via your phone or your PC, you can sign in with your Google account, and if there’s a problem with your account, the comment may not appear. So you can try playing the video in YouTube’s incognito mode or open an incognito window on your browser.
Why does my YouTube comment not appear?
It means that your account has been marked as a spam account and no matter what you post your comment will never appear. In fact it will be permanently hidden. The only option is to create a new YouTube profile.
How do I get a YouTube API key?
The API supports several types of restrictions on API keys. If the API key that you need doesn’t already exist, then create an API key in the Console by clicking Create credentials > API key. You can restrict the key before using it in production by clicking Restrict key and selecting one of the Restrictions.
How do I get an API key?
To create your application’s API key:
- Go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- If the APIs & services page isn’t already open, open the left side menu and select APIs & services.
- On the left, choose Credentials.
- Click Create credentials and then select API key.
How do I get YouTube comments in Python?
So here is how it works:
- Access the URL you want with the driver. get function.
- Scroll down and wait until everything is visible with wait. until and EC. visibility_of_element_located.
- Scrape the comments by finding all the #content-text elements (which is what we want, as you can see below) in the current viewed page.