In the meantime, Twitter says that it’s working harder to ban its worst users. … But if that user began to harass again — as many committed trolls on Twitter do — Twitter can then ask them to verify their email address and phone number, and if it’s on a list of banned accounts, that user could be suspended permanently.
Why does Twitter ask you to confirm your phone number?
It’s for security reasons. You broke the Terms of Service on Twitter so they want to make sure that you are a legit user before they give your account back. So if you want your account back, you have to confirm with your phone. If you don’t want the account back you don’t confirm with your phone.
Do you have to give your phone number to Twitter?
It’s not mandatory to enter your phone number for signing up on twitter. You can skip the step and the only thing you need to sign up is your email. Twitter says entering your contact number helps in connecting with your friends on twitter and makes account more secure.
How do I stop Twitter from asking for my phone number?
1. To check your discoverability settings, head to the Privacy and safety section of your account settings, then scroll down a bit and select Discoverability and contacts—or just go to https://twitter.com/settings/contacts. 2. You want “Let people who have your phone number find you on Twitter” unchecked.
How can I get a fake twitter verification number?
Verify using Google Voice Number:
- Login to your Gmail account and go to Google Voice. …
- You can either select a new number or use your existing mobile number.
- Select a phone, so Google can call you and confirm. …
- Select a number and enter it on Twitter.
Can you have 2 Twitter accounts with the same phone number?
Can I add my phone number to multiple accounts? You can add your phone number to up to 10 accounts. Each account that has your phone number associated with it will still receive SMS text messages for password reset requests or security features like login verification.