To make sure your child is protected, go to the settings icon on their Facebook profile page – the round icon with three dots in the middle – and choosing Facebook Privacy from the next menu. From here you can conduct what the platform calls a ‘Privacy Check-up’.
Is there a way to put parental controls on Facebook?
Step 1 – From your home feed, tap the three horizontal bars in the bottom left-hand corner. Step 2 – Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings. Step 3 – Scroll down and tap Blocking, then Add to blocked list. Step 4 – Then search for the name or email and tap block.
How do I restrict inappropriate content on Facebook?
You can block words by:
- Logging into your Facebook Page. You do need to be the admin for your account, so be sure to log in using these details.
- Clicking Edit Page followed by Edit Settings.
- Selecting Page Moderation and typing the words you want to block.
- Clicking on Save Changes.
Can you filter Facebook?
You can use Facebook filters to filter content out. The little carrot icon top right-hand corner of every post will allow you to un-follow certain posts. It will also give you the option to filter pages, or to block ads! You can also put your friends in priority.
How do I block inappropriate videos on Facebook?
- Visit the “Videos” section of Facebook’s settings and switch “Auto-Play Videos” to “off.”
- You’ll find a similar setting in Facebook’s mobile app. Pull up its Settings, and then scroll down until you see the “Media and contacts” section. …
- Report offensive content.
Click “Most Recent” at the upper right of your news feed. Click the arrow next to “Most Recent” and select a filter for the type of stories you want to see. You can choose to see only status updates, photos, links, questions, pages or subscriptions.
Where do I find Facebook filters?
Tap on the camera icon on the top left corner of the Facebook app, or swipe right from News Feed to try out the new in-app camera. You can choose from effects like masks, frames and interactive filters that you can apply to your photos and videos.
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name. Tap below your profile picture, then tap Activity Log. Tap Filters at the top of your activity log.